Saturday, January 06, 2007

Silly Red-head

Here it is, almost a month since my last post - and I am still having a hard time figuring out what to write about. I guess I need to thank those that are still loyal to my blog...they must be my true friends. I have not received one email, comment or sarcastic remark about the length in between posts. They are also the people that are NOT calling me on a daily basis to see if I've had a baby; and kept it a secret. So to you - my loyal, understanding, and loving friends...I must add this EXCLUDES my own mother, THANK YOU, and I WILL call you! - - Mom, we'll send you an email when he's born!!
Now, onto my latest good chuckle. I have a dear friend - we'll call her Stefanie F. No, that's too obvious - S. Farnsworth. Now this S. Farnsworth is having a baby in a few months and I get the joy of throwing her a baby shower. Many of you may think I'm being sarcastic, but I REALLY am excited to do it. I was chatting with her online yesterday when I asked her if she was going to register anywhere for baby gifts. She said she hadn't really thought about it - but probably not. I explained to her that she will technically only get one shower, and should try to get as much baby stuff as possible - for this child, and future children. Baffled, she asked me what she would need. I ran through a small list, and she responds, "Oh, I guess you're right. I just figured I'd need a crib and some diapers." Oh, S. Farnsworth, if only.

5 comments:

Elder Richey said...

That's really exciting. Will you tell her congratulations from us? When is her due date?

Anonymous said...

So....Melissa...does this mean you have or haven't had the baby yet?
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

mom wanted me to ask you when you are going to have that baby

Stefanie Raynes said...

S. Farnsworth here. I don't think I'll even need the crib and diapers anymore. I have decided to "rough it" and do cloth diapers and have little Alice sleep with Nate and I. So, I guess I am good to go.

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I have made the mistake of asking whether the baby has arrived yet. I am shamed.