Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Globe Trotters

We've been world travelers lately. And by world, I mean travelers of two western U.S. states. We had so much fun (which made everyone getting sick as soon as we got home seem even worse). First stop: Park City for a Kopp family ski trip. My dad flew all of my family out to Utah, and provided sitters, so all the adults to spend the trip skiing. Even Maddie and Jude were able to hit the slopes. On her second day of ski school Maddie was good enough to ride the chair lift up to the top of the mountain and ski down with some help from Greg and Rob. I was SUCH a proud mama that day! We had to "exaggerate" Jude's age a bit and say he was four, rather than a kid that had JUST turned three, because ski-school was for kids four and up. His instructor eventually (five minutes into class when Maddie revealed the truth) found out that he was only three, but they let him stay anyway. They even said he was a fantastic three year old skier. I'm missing a lot of pictures because I didn't want to risk taking my camera on the slopes. Instead, I opted to buy a disposable camera to capture those awesome moments. (I quickly realized it was a dumb idea because, well, disposable cameras are stupid.) Maybe I'll scan some of those pictures eventually...




We also enjoyed an afternoon of tubing and a sleigh-ride-dinner.




Just as nice as the snow and fresh air was spending time lounging around the condo trying to polish off the RIDICULOUS amount of groceries that Jessica and I thought would be "appropriate," for the trip. Apparently fifteen people don't need $500 worth of snacks and breakfasts for five days. (Sorry, Dad!) :)


Thanks again, Dad, for this AMAZING week. It was so good to spend time with all of the family.

6 comments:

Snarr mama said...

Looks like too much fun! Maddie is so cute in her ski gear!

Stacy said...

Wow that looks like an AMAZING time! I am crazy impressed to see your tiny kids SKIING! That's amazing!

The skiing looks fun, but the lounging looks just as fun...it looks like your dad hooked the family up with an incredible place to stay too. How awesome.

Totally jones-ing your trip right now. :)

kyle said...

Snarr mama beat me to commenting on how CUTE my adorable little niece is all decked up in ski gear!

Angie said...

Looks like an AWESOME trip! How fun to stay in a condo with your family and spend the day skiing... I am so impressed with Maddie & Jude! They look adorable.

the old guy said...

You are most welcome! It was great to get everyone together, and fun to watch the grandkids skiing. They did a fantastic job. It was also fun to watch you kids skiing past me so fast on the slopes (thanks for waiting for the OLD GUY!) BTW the grocery bill paid for all the breakfasts and a few lunches too - not just the snacks (which we did finish most of!) Still wish we could have had a popcorn and movie night - oh well, hopefully next time! Love Dad

Burton Family said...

that picture of Jude in goggles is so adorable, man I am going to miss that little guy in Nursery but its not a bad swap in my book, son for mom:)