Monday, September 21, 2015

And then there was that time...


moving day.  and to answer your immediate question - no.  we aren't keeping the swamp sconces.


Remember that really bitter phase I went through because my family was moving across the country, and I wasn't overly happy about it?  Totally over.  I can't even begin to express my gratitude for what has happened since the last time I posted.

Flashback two months ago:  Rob and I were going to pick up the kids and move our little family (Still? Why can't I stop calling them my little family? We are massive!) to North Carolina.  I finally said to Rob "I will do this.  Happily.  I promise I will make the best of our time on the East Coast and never complain.  Who knows - I might even enjoy it.  But for the sake of our kids I will stop freaking about about this really cool opportunity to try something new."

One day later:  I just really want to look at this house that is for sale down the street.  I've always wanted to go inside - just come with me to take a peek. Just for fun.

(We go).  We chuckle about the very fancy strangely set-up home that has incredibly ornate decorating.  (Not bad, just not our style).   We then sit at dinner and say, "We're not really considering that house, right?!  Hahaha - well, it was fun to see it."  Conversation over.

The next morning:  I wake up in a full blown panic attack.  I have just spent the entire night dreaming about our life in the very fancy, ornate home that is only five houses away from where we have lived for nine years.  I go to the gym - where I can't stop figuring out HOW I am supposed to tell my husband that God wants us to live in this house.  I mean, it was just the day before I had PROMISED to never complain about moving again.  But I cannot shake the feeling that for some unknown reason, we are going to make a very beautiful life for our family in this lovely cul-de-sac at the end of our road.

After hours of deliberating I come home to tell Rob.  My hands are shaking and my heart is about to pound its way right out of my chest.  "Rob.  I need to tell you what I'm feeling.  If I don't say it now - I will regret that I never spoke my mind on this.  Please just listen, and you don't have to say anything....just know that I am overwhelmed by this feeling.  I think we are supposed to buy the house in the cul-de-sac."

My heart finally stops pounding.

Silence on his end.  One minute, two minutes......my heart starts pounding again.  Crap.  He is REALLY ticked at me.

Fight begins.  And goes on, and on and on.  But I still can't shake the feeling.

Hours later - Rob realizes that if I am this dead-set on staying here, we can't move our family across the country.  We will stay - just not in that house down the street.  I am overjoyed....but still plan on letting him know that it WILL be the house down the street, because I have already been given the answer to my prayer.

The next day:  Rob and I are chatting in our bedroom about where we will start looking for homes - suddenly he is very quiet.  Almost ten minutes go by and he hasn't said a word.  He looks over at me and says, "I think we are supposed to put an offer in on that house down the street."

Hugs, smiles, laughs.  For the first time in a LONG time we are in agreement as to our family's future.  Best feeling ever.

Now, here we are.  We have been in the house for nearly a month and can't believe how happy we are to feel settled in a place we know and love.

And so our adventure continues. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Mary said...

And I still have a chance to come visit you in Utah! I thought we had lost our chance for sure! I'm so glad you two figured things out. :)

x-cod3r said...

haahahahahahah I liked your family very much
Hope you great days

Stacey said...

I had never read this post before. Now I think it's time to update. When can we come see the place? We're the worst. We never leave the house.

Anonymous said...

mnmnmnmnmnmnmnmnmn

Cassanova said...

hahaha so fuun!
https://www.cekaja.com/kredit-tanpa-agunan/pengajuan-kta/amar-bank-di-malang