Friday, June 20, 2008

Rob bought me some hanging plants for Mother's Day that have totally brightened up our patio. Two of the three have been doing really well, but the third is completely dead. We had to stop watering it when we realized that a bird had layed five eggs in it. Maddie LOVES to see the eggs, so we'll take down the plant every once in a while, and check on them. Last night when we pulled it down, we saw that two of the eggs had just hatched. Rob started his bird calls (another hidden talent) and the two little ones opened their mouths. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a bird person - but these were SOOO cute. I have a video, but it's not working - I'll see what I can do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW! SO CUTE~! they look so fuzzy!

Jodi said...

I feel like I am watching an episode of National Geographic filmed in your back yard! How cool!

Susan said...

That is so cool!

kathryn said...

sweet. baby birds are some of the homeliest newborns in the animal kingdom, but that just adds to their cuteness, i think.

did rob regurgitate anything for them?