Thursday, August 21, 2008

Madelyn and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcast

As Madelyn and I were leaving the Orthopedic Surgeon's office last week I saw a girl sitting in the waiting room with an unbelievably obnoxious cast. I remember thinking, "Her poor mom has to look at that thing EVERY day."

You'll NEVER guess which cast Maddie picked this afternoon. Now THAT'S karma.


I'm just happy that she loves it. Afterall, I WAS the one that broke her arm - the least I can do is let her think she has the most awesome cast ever.

9 comments:

Laura Duksta said...

Hello Melissa...

I found your post from its title...clearly you are big Beatles fans! I *love* the name Jude! I am the author of a book called "I Love You More" and I thought you might like to know about it...I have a feeling you, Maddie and Jude will all enjoy it!

Have a bright and blessed lifetime!
Keep Sining!
Laura Duksta

btw...Maddies cast reminds me of my neices bright purple cast she had on her whole leg :-) Charming!!

Anonymous said...

nice cast! as long as she's happy.

Babcock Family said...

sorry, that last post was me.

Anonymous said...

haha. Thats wonderfully colorful!

Stefanie Raynes said...

I agree with Maddie...AWESOMEST CAST EVER!!!!!!!!!

Scott D said...

You should get her some hippy sunglasses and then she is set. :)

Stacey said...

That does hurt your eyes. Glad it's not my child. Haha. Do what you gotta do.

Ashlee said...

Chase that bliss Maddie, that's all I have to say.

And HAPPY early BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! I'm heading to Lake Powell this weekend, but wanted to be sure to give you a shout-out before I left. What do you say to prolonging the festivities and celebrating say...in a week?? :)

Anonymous said...

Geez Melis
If you're gonna post a blog with that cast, couldn't you have at least had her wear the matching Dora the Explorer P.J.s? Then everyone would have thought the cast was just an attempt to accessorize!!

It was so cute when I walked in. She said...Grandma, I broke my arm...(holding up the cast)...THIS one...not the other one!