Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Random Hilarities

Here are a few random things that I have seen/heard/experienced over the past week. I'm still secretly laughing at all of them.

1. As Rob and I were getting our kids seated at McDonald's last weekend, I overheard the tail end of the conversation from the table behind us. Eight very different men (from suits to toothless) were having this conversation:
"I don't know....I don't think mail order brides are so bad. I mean, I know this guy who has a mail order bride - and she makes the best fruit salad."

2. While watching THIS story on TLC, the doctor mentioned that his patient had gained a little bit of weight. She (being only eight) was distressed, and asked her doctor what foods she shouldn't eat. The doctor said that he wasn't going to tell her what she couldn't eat, but what she needed to add to her diet. He told her to add five servings of fruit, and five servings of vegetables to her diet. Her father, in ALL honesty (which explains some of the problem) asks the doctor, "Is popcorn considered a vegetable?" The doctor somewhat baffled responds, "Uh, no, I probably wouldn't consider that a vegetable."

3. Rob and I spent the weekend in Park City. Upon arrival we stopped at the grocery store and grabbed some junk food, which included a seven layer bean dip. When we got home, I pulled out a chip and dug in. The dip tasted AWFUL. I made Rob try it, and he agreed that something wasn't right with the dip. We sat there making that "what is that taste?" face and lip smack, and came to the conclusion that it tasted like wasabi. I thought it was a little ridiculous that the store would add Wasabi to the bean dip and not mention it on the label, so I decided to take it back. When I mentioned the problem to the lady at the service desk, she rolled her eyes, and explained that there was a "new guy" working at the Deli. She took the dip over to him, handed him a chip, and said, "Try your guacamole." Apparently the man took a big old scoop - and then ran to the sink to wash out his mouth. The entire green layer was wasabi. They happily refunded our $12.

4. While at the salad bar of another restaurant a little boy ran up to his mother and yelled, "MOM!!! My friend is here!" His mother was very kind - and humored his excitement with questions like, "Who is it?" and "How do you know him?" I didn't really pay attention to the conversation, but when I walked back to my table - the boy (probably eight years old) was hovering over our table and talking to Jude. Jude (along with the rest of us) was staring at him with total confusion. From our table he yells, "MOM! Here's my friend!!" The mom asks him, "Does he go to your school?" I shake my head and say, "Um, he's only two." She again asks her son again how he knows him, and his response was, "I saw his face once before. I'll never forget that face."

5. Last night our friend Brandon went to introduce himself to Rob's sister and got ahead of his words. Rather than saying, "Hi, I'm Brandon - nice to meet you," he said, "Hi, I'm nice."

What a week.

6 comments:

Jodi said...

I bet Brian is very nice - probably a true statement! Sounds like you had a great week!! (minus the guac)

heidi said...

That was so funny last night. It kept getting funnier and funnier as the night went on. :) Thanks for a fun night.

Stacey said...

I am gagging in my mouth thinking about wasabi in a bean dip.

Angie said...

Those are pretty darn hilarious... I liked the mcdonalds conversation the best. Wow. I think I need to get out more.

Scott D said...

Those are really funny.

Anonymous said...

HAHHAHAHAH! oh geez. That was so funny when Brandon said that to me! HAHAHA! I've been laughing for two days about it!