Monday, March 23, 2009

I Kid You Not

While at the grocery store on Saturday, there was a woman who apparently decided she had a lot to do that day, and not enough time to get it done. When I am placed in this situation I generally do whatever seems most important at the time. Not her. She does it all. If there ever was a super-mom, it would be her. Instead of giving up her afternoon jog in order to get all the shopping done - she just decided to combine the two. Dressed from head to toe in jogging apparel, and Ipod strapped to her upper arm - this woman ran from item to item. She'd toss it in (without coming to a complete stop) and dash on to the next item. It would have made more sense if she had used a basket rather than a cart - but she had a lot to buy, so I really can't blame her.

I thought it was unbelievably funny, so the second I left the store I called Rob so we could share a good laugh. He didn't laugh like I figured he would, instead he very seriously said, " Maybe she was practicing for Supermarket Sweep."

7 comments:

Snarr mama said...

That's HILARIOUS!! I'm laughing now just picturing it in my head.

Linz said...

Oh that is soooo funny. She has guts for doing that in public too.

Jodi said...

Ha ha ha.. I used to watch Supermarket Sweep all of the time!! I loved that show - and I wish I would have seen her - SO FUNNY!

Stacey said...

I would have laughed with you. Sometimes these guys just don't understand that we need to be humored. That is funny stuff and I just have to say that some Utah women are CRAZY!

kathryn said...

so that's what rob watches on his days off, huh?

Stefanie Raynes said...

um...I was that lady....

heidi said...

HILARIOUS. ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS. The mental image that I have conjured up in my head is probably only half as funny as the real deal.

This woman needs to be thanked for giving the world a pick me up.