Monday, November 23, 2009

The First of Many

We're back, and I can't even begin to explain how amazing our trip to Mexico was. Simply put, it was one of the best weeks of my life. I loved every single minute of it. Seeing as how I have over 300 pictures, I'll have to break it up into several different posts. I'll start today with some pictures of the grounds.
This is the hut that Rob, the kids and I stayed in. It was called "La Casita."Here is an inside shot of our cozy little house. The stairs lead up to the bathroom.

A few steps from our hut was the entrance to the Cenote.
Inside the Cenote. The water slide was so much fun...but we still couldn't convince my mom to take the plunge.
This is the play room that Jude spent most of his vacation in. He'd wake up, open his eyes and say, "Now I go in the play room?" I'm seriously considering remodeling his bedroom into one of these!
This is the lounge area off of the pool/dining area/kitchen. The whole area was so open, that it was easy for all of us to be doing different things, but still close together.

The kitchen and staff. The staff were so wonderful, and really funny. They didn't speak very much English, but we had a few Spanish speakers with us to ease the language barrier. The day that we were leaving, we caught one of the staff members translating what we had written in the guest book. When I laughed and called him out for knowing English, he just laughed. Makes you wonder what they overheard!
One of the other cabanas on the property. Derek, Jessica and their kids stayed in this one.


The inside of my mom and step-dad's building.

Here's a final video of the main area. The wonderful thing about TANINAH is that we were able to occupy the property all by ourselves. They only rent it out to one group at a time, so we were able to be together, yet alone: something that my entire family hasn't done in years.



I'll leave it at that for today, but believe you me, there are many more adventures to come!

8 comments:

Snarr mama said...

That looks like it was a vacation of a lifetime!! So happy you guys got to do that!

Sarah said...

WOW.

Stefanie Raynes said...

You have GOT to be kidding me?!?! That place is ah-maze-ing!

Kendal and Alissa said...

How bad is it really to covet someone else's vacation?! Because I don't think I can help it!:)

Ashlee said...

Wow. Sounds positively glamorous!! I have no words. Can't wait to hear more about it! I'm so glad it was so wonderful! You were due for a fantastic vaca! Happy Thanksgiving Melis!

mom said...

WOW! You take great pictures Melis. Is it possible to get "homesick" for somewhere that isn't even home?
BTW...I did CONSIDER going down the water slide. Then I remembered I'm a chicken.

Angie said...

That is incredible! And how awesome that you got to go with just your family. That makes it SO much nicer! Everything is beautiful. Can't wait to see more pictures...

Deon said...

Did you think you had died and gone to Heaven? Cuz I think that's where you disappeared to! I hope the adjustment back isn't too harsh . . . :D