Tuesday, March 07, 2006

If I had more time...

I feel like it has been ages since anything has been posted, and to all you "frequent checkers" I apologize. About three weeks ago, something clicked in Maddie's little head, and she began crawling. There was a day or two of clumsiness, but after that, she just took off. Since then, I can't let her out of my sight. I turn around for two minutes, and she's eating someone's shoes or playing with the outlets. Less than a week after crawling, she started pulling herself up onto things. I am NOT ready for this, but she is. She is so much happier now that she's mobile. All the frustration is gone, and she's always showing off. She'll pull herself up on the couch, hold herself up with one hand, and shake the other as if she's doing the "Look Mom, no hands" dance.
I love all of these things, but my favorite - by far - is when she acts like a lion. I know she doesn't do this on purpose, but she crawls around and says, "Raaaahhhhh." It cracks me up.
The other day I walked into her room and found her bathing her bath tub. She had the sponge that we use on her out, and she was washing the tub with it. Apparently she didn't see me because when I laughed she freaked out. She threw the sponge, and laid flat on the floor, like "you didn't see anything." I kept calling her name but she wouldn't move. Finally I went over to pick her up, and she was just lying on the floor with a huge "Mom fell for it" grin. She's going to be a real character. I'll try to post some pictures as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the stuff that dreams are made of. Just the little things. One of my fondest memories was a potty training one. I thought I was being forward thinking when I bought the "musical potty" The gig was...wait till they tinkle and stealthly flip on the switch so they think their deposit caused the music. The problem is that the kid has to be dumber than the potty. Dan IMMEDIATELY saw thru that. The next time he went in there, he turned the music on BEFORE he sat down and boogied to "How Dry I Am" I taught all the kids their colors, and shapes while perched on the pot waiting for the illusive "accident" that preceeded the family celebration. Don't rush thru ANY of this!!!!
Love
Mom