Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Happy Feet

About a month ago I bought a double jogging stroller and decided to take up running again. This is an activity, that at my very best, I am horrible. I've never been a good runner, yet for some reason - I always go back to it. My first day, I LITERALLY ran past three houses, and decided it was time to walk. The second day, I think I made it past five houses. (Thank goodness I live in an area where street blocks are about six houses long.) I've gradually worked up to the point - and feel free to laugh, that I can run about .65 of a mile, walk for a minute or two, and finish out the mile. I realize that this is not much of an accomplishment, but hey - it's better than three houses. Getting to the point...after yesterday's run, my knees were really sore - and I couldn't decide if it was the muscle or the joint. I did however, decide that it must be because I needed new shoes. (I also tried to explain to Rob that a new guitar would also fix the pain - but he wasn't buying it.) So, I went to Sports Authority and picked up these babies. Although a bit of an eye sore, they are the best running shoes I have ever owned. It felt like there were mini trampolines in each heel. They EVEN came with polka dotted shoe laces that say, "Nike - Shut up and Run" all over them.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

I'm buying them today. You are my idol.

Derek and Kristine said...

I always thought you may be a little kookie, but this seals the deal. All runners are weird. They have to be in order to make themselves run. I can't think of a worse punishment! So you have fun with that. Oprah's on- I gotsta go. Where are those Ruffles??