Thursday, August 23, 2007

They say it's your birthday...

It's my birthday too! Yes, folks - tomorrow is the big day. And seeing as how Rob probably has the ENTIRE day all planned out for me, I figured I'd write a bit about it tonight. So, in honor of, well, me - here are 26 facts about me that you may not know:
1. My middle name is Anne - but for some reason in high school I told everyone it was Atkinson. I then went on to say that all of my siblings had the same middle name, but it had no significant meaning...I just had weird parents.
2. When I was four, I almost drowned in Lake Maxincukee, in Culver Indiana. A man had to dive in and save me - he was fully dressed.
3. I am a proud Coke Connoisseur. I cherish it like others cherish wine, and often plan my meals around it.
4. My brother Dan and I are 18 months apart - but used to tell everyone we were twins - but I was held back a grade. When the excitement wore off, we then began saying we were telepathic twins.
5. I love video games.
6. I only use five fingers to type: pointer and middle finger on both hands, and I press the enter button with my right pinkie. I'm not slow either - but Rob says it looks like uncontrolled spider legs running all over the keyboard.
7. I graduated high school with a C- cumulative GPA. Perhaps it was because I spent so much time making up stories (ie #s 1 and 4) Or perhaps it was because of #8.
8. I took almost every Wednesday off from school. Reason? None. Just didn't like school. My junior year, second semester, I missed 27 days of school.
9. My favorite color is green.
10. I have the best husband in the world...(thanks Rob, I was running out of ideas.)
11. My right eye dilates itself randomly. This freaks out my mom because it is apparently a major indicator of a brain tumor - but not in my case, just a freak eye.
12. I LOVE to go out for breakfast at ANY time of the day.
13. I had a crush on Davey Jones (from the Monkees)
14. I truly believe that the greatest music EVER came from the 70s.
15. I made sure that at my wedding reception in Chicago only 70s songs were played.
16. I started playing guitar when I was 18, but haven't taken enough time to become REALLY good. I still love to play - but not on demand.
17. I can clasp my hands behind my back, and bring them (still connected) all the way over my head. I can then step through them and do it all over again. I'm like a human jump rope.
18. I expect my husband to take August 24th off from work.
19. I LOVE to get my back tickled, and ask Rob almost nightly. He's FABULOUS at it!
20. I have two favorite smells - Rob and rain.
21. I love to write, and if I were to go back to finish out my degree, I would switch from Behavioral Science to English. I would LOVE to be an author some day.
22. I have a REALLY great memory. Sometimes if is embarrassingly good. I'm that,"hey - weren't we in Preschool together..?" person. I'm always bringing up memories with friends that have been totally forgotten.
23. I share my birthday with my best friend Mary. Happy Birthday Murr!
24. I look forward to getting the mail everyday, and used to fight with my brother Greg over whose turn it was.
25. I am a borderline insomniac. I spend several hours awake every night.
26. My favorite days of the year are (in order) 1. Christmas, 2. My birthday, 3. 4th of July

Well, there you have it. Now, when people ask you why August 24th is a National Holiday, you can give them 26 mediocre reasons. I hope you all have a great day off tomorrow. I'll post in a few days with some more birthday updates!

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday Melissa Anne (or should I say Atkinson) I love that you are so "quirky" - I don't mean that rude...it's one of your greatest qualities! It makes you you and I'm so glad that you are part of my family! Have a happy day!

Stefanie Raynes said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You know that girls night out on Tuesday is really Melissa's Birthday Extravaganza!!! I was going to give you pierced ears for your birthday, but you already did that. So...let me know what else you want!

Ashlee said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!! Hmmm...so maybe we need to rethink our Red Robin choice and op for a breakfast joint?? And I support you in your writing dreams...I will buy all your books. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!! Can't wait for Melissa's Birthday Extravaganza!! !

Anonymous said...

I pretty much love your blog. I always find it entertaining! happy birthday!

The Wilsons said...

Happy Birthday. I thought about calling but I figured you were out having too much fun and hope that it's true. I hope that it's all you hoped for a more. You're the best!

Something Wilde said...

Happy belated birthday...minus the phone chat!

And I am pretty sure the reason you took every Wednesday off from school your junior year was because I wasn't there to pick you up! I used to love those Wednesdays! In fact it might still be my favorite day of the week.

Team O'Connor said...

You are so much cooler at 26 than I am. It's embarrassing. I could only come up with 22 things about me on my blog so I lied and made up a story about me and Zac De La Rocha after the Rage Against the Machine concert. Happy Birthday lady!

Natalie said...

Melissa-So you probably don't remember me..oh wait, you wouldn't. I am a friend of Staci's and I just had to laugh when I read that list. I have many similarities with you---the #1 similarity is our favorite holidays! I love my birthday, the 4th of July and Christmas the very best. Cute blog!!