Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I Love Me, I Love Me Not...

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with myself. It usually changes with "activities" that can be categorized as "it seemed like a good idea at the time.." Yesterday while folding laundry, I got sucked into a TV show called, "A Haunting" on the Discovery Channel. And seeing how everything on TV is real - I was once again sure that my houseWAS haunted.

Here's why I hate myself: I decided that it was probably a good idea to get out my camera and take pictures of my house to see if ghosts showed up in them. Here's what I find -





Yep, that's right - absolutely nothing. So, this morning, while downloading pictures from my camera, I see yesterday's pictures, and fall in love with myself all over again. Because, come on - who REALLY does that? I think I'll laugh at myself all day for that little gem.

6 comments:

kathryn said...

so ben got us into the t.v. show "Heroes" (we watch the seasons on DVD so we don't have to wait in agony for a week or more wondering what the heck is going on with the characters amazing lives...) ANYWAYS, back to my point. I have a love/hate relationship with the show because it's so intruiging, yet it scares the crap out of me. now i'm always checking over my shoulder expecting someone to be walking through my wall, or trying to take out my brain. um, yeah, i scare easy. like a 5 year old girl. sometimes i still take a running leap onto my bed in case something tries to grab at my feet. PA-THE-TIC. oh, btw, don't you have to set your camera to a really slow shutter speed to "catch" the ghost's "aura"? just wondering.

Anonymous said...

The sad part is that I was actually scared to look at your pictures because I actually thought there would be something there. I still think your house is haunted so ya, follow Kathryn's advice and set the camera to a really slow shutter speed. Or you could tape record your house like they do on 101.9 the end radio station then go back and listen to it and they hear noises that weren't there the first time.

Melissa said...

It's funny that you mentioned the EVP's, Stacey, because that was what I was originally going to do, but didn't have a recorder.

And now that I think about it - if there REALLY are ghosts here, they've been very polite up to this point. Do I really want to tick them off by eavesdropping?

But, Kat, maybe you can come over and help me with the slow shutter speed. We'll light some candles, bust out the Ouija Board and get some answers.
On that TERRIBLE show I watched, I was doing just fine until they listened to the tape-recordings of the ghost - and they asked it, "Are you sorry you scared me?" And the ghost answered, "no - get out." I was pretty much scared out of my mind at that point...hence the pictures.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what you are looking at Melissa - but on my computer three of the four pictures had at least one apparition . . . doesn't anyone else see them???

Stefanie Raynes said...

I DO! I see them!! I did not want to say anything, but if the "old guy" says it, I don't feel so bad. I think our next "girls night out", needs to be an exorcism for your house.

Gena said...

haha, i've TOTALLY got sucked into that show too! Just a note to the wise, don't watch it at night. It ALWAYS sucks me in and i always regret watching it...i'm such a scaredy-cat. (sp?)