Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's Not Easy Being Green

Now for some reason, when I tried to type my title - my fingers automatically typed, "It's not easy being Greg." It must have been some sort of Freudian-Typing-Slip, so I think I should mention that although it's not easy being green - it's also not easy to be Greg.

Having said that - on to my original post. I have a few friends who enjoy a good chuckle over my efforts to be green. I'm really not that good, but I try to turn off lights, I take my own reusable bags to the grocery store, and use toxin-free products in my home. I am, however, still a BIG offender when it comes to recycling. I admit it - I buy, use DAILY, and don't recycle plastic water bottles. But, I may not need to anymore...look what I found: I'm TOTALLY GETTING ONE, and my friends can laugh all they want, I think it's AWESOME.

9 comments:

kathryn said...

excuse me melissa, but i will have you know that you inspired me to buy a bunch of reusable grocery sacks... and yes, i actually use them. and i bought several reusable water bottles as well. and i've stopped shaving my armpits, too. so thanks for all your green inspiration. when are you becoming vegan?

Melissa said...

I'm impressed Kat - way to save the earth, one person at a time. My theory? If celebrities do it, it must be worth copying.

Now if only we could get Stefanie to stop wearing a bra.

kathryn said...

nate would so be all over that...

Stefanie Raynes said...

oh dear, oh dear....let the boob hanging begin!

Anonymous said...

uh, you're in trouble. I just bought one of these...and I agree. its freakin awesome!

kathryn said...

stef, when you say "boob hanging" you make it sound like a death sentence. but it's not. we are trying to free your breasteses from the confines our anti-feminist culture has placed on the female chest. embrace your womanhood. free your bosoms. we can change the world one saggy chest at a time.

(i've learned all of this under the tutelage of our good friend melissa)

Melissa said...

Yes, I teach Kat how to be a hippie, she teaches me how to casually slip the word tutelage into common conversation.

Wow. Tutelage. Does that make me a tutelager?

The UnMighty said...

Rob,

You should help your wife with the "Green Movement" and totally get a motorbike. 50 miles to the gallon baby! I'm personally putting a global warming in remission. My wife likes to say dumb things like, "Well, what are you going to do come winter?" Hello, parka and gloves. I'm not planning on driving to Canada or anything. Anyway, good luck in your search. And let me know when you've arrived. We go start a bar fight.

The UnMighty

The UnMighty said...

Melissa,
I think my friendship with you was just meant to facilitate the friendship Rob and I would eventually form. And now that he is purchasing a hog, your true purpose has been fulfilled. So, I am sorry to see our friendship end, but ultimately I'm okay with it because it is what nature intended.
Goodbye,
The UnMighty