Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Story Time with Papa

My dad came out for a quick trip to see the kids and meet Claire.  He's a really great grandpa.  He lets the kids climb all over him and hangs on every word out of their tiny little mouths....EVEN if he doesn't understand a thing they are talking about. Watching him pretend to know every single Toy Story reference Jude made was priceless.

Here he is reading The Tickle Monster to them.  It involves a lot of laughs, and tons of tickles.





Claire managed to take a few hours off of her RSV and be a happy little granddaughter for his visit.  She gave him lots of smiles (none of which were caught on camera) and cuddles.


Thanks for making the trip out Papa!  We love you and hope you'll come back again, soon!

5 comments:

Deon said...

Awww, what a great Papa!

I remember your dad best as being our extremely diligent and awesome home teacher way back when. He hasn't changed a bit!

I hope this whole RSV business will be over and done with soon for you--my love goes out to your little fam!

Kendal and Alissa said...

So sweet! Ummm your dad looks SO young. I would love to have those genes when I get older:)

Marissa said...

Cute pics :) Your post reminded me though, Dan and I just watched Toy Story 3. Is Ham the pig the inspiration behind Ham the Hamster? Yes, Ham made the sort of lifelong impression on me that I paused the movie to ask Dan this question.

the old guy said...

It was a great weekend and a fun trip. Thanks for posting the pics!

Stacy said...

Soooo sweet!