Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Best Message Ever


Yesterday I got a voice mail from my grandma. She was calling me back because I had left her a "happy birthday" message on Sunday. Although I'm sure my message was decent - hers was much better. The message started with her already talking, but I couldn't quite make out what she had said. Then she stopped, and said, "Oh dear, Melissa. There seems to be some confusion as to when to leave a message. But thank you for calling me on my Happy Birthday." I love that my lovely grandma can still call it her "Happy Birthday" when she's 93. More than that, though - was the fact that apparently my answering machine is confused. I'll try talking to it, and hopefully we can straighten a few things out. Thanks for the good laughs today, Grandma! I love you to pieces!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Classic. I love Grandma's...& I hope I'm just like that when I'm 93!

Derek and Kristine said...

Love that! Grandma messages are the best. Routinely, my grandmother talks & talks and runs out of time. Who knows if she keeps talking. Yesterday she left a message that used the phrase "what's what" no less than four times.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa-- I'm sure it wasn't your answering machine. It's just when it started spilling out numbers at me that I wasn't sure if it was time to talk so I just kept on talking anyway.. Love you much--Take care GRAM

The Wilsons said...

Okay, now I'm starting to critique your blog but I just have to tell you something. On the slide show on the side there is a picture of Maddie going to down the big blow-up slide and Tammy's and it says '06 but it was this year which is '07. The sad thing is that sometimes I catch myself already writing 2008. Weird!