Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Narek, NA-REK!

Okay, who remembers the earlier post about the "abnormal happenings" that were occurring in my house? You know - the self jumping bouncer, and the microwave turned Johnny 5... "No Disassemble!" Anyone, anyone?
Anyway, things had quieted down on the home front, and I had finally talked myself into all sorts of wishful thinking, when there was yet another episode. About a week ago, Rob and I were in bed - totally asleep (seeing as how it was 3:08 am) when suddenly our bedroom lights turned themselves on. There were a few seconds of total confusion on my part, and then absolute fear sank in. All I could say in my completely horrified voice was, "Rob?!" He shot up, looked around the room, and then the lights turned themselves off again. They were on for maybe a total of fifteen seconds, but I think that's the most afraid I've ever been. It took EVERYTHING in me to go and check on my sleeping babies. I then climbed back to bed, and lay there, HORRIFIED for a good hour trying to go back to sleep. I assumed that Rob shared my fear - but seeing as how he was already snoring by the time I got back into bed showed me otherwise. Then there was the next morning when I said, "remember how the lights went on last night?" Assuming it had been on his mind as much as mine - and he responded, " Huh? Oh yeah! That was kind of weird."
The next night I was really nervous that it would happen again. I slept as close to Rob as possible, but got a bit scared when I woke up, looked at the clock, and it was exactly 3:08 am.

10 comments:

Jodi said...

Hello...that is FREAKY! You better check out the history of your house and see if someone died there or something. It sounds haunted to me!

Anonymous said...

Ray...next time someone asks you if you are a god...you say...YES!

Dan said...

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

PS...the one above was me too!

DAN

Anonymous said...

wow. Thats way scary! I'm pretty sure that you need to do something about it! I'm not as brave as you are, I would have moved houses at the microwave. I'm not coming over anymore. jk!

Anonymous said...

So that's where my ghost went. I thought I'd packed him when I was getting ready to come home. We haven't had an event since Sarah ended up tied to the chair and the honey flew off the pantry shelf at me. If you want to send him back C.O.D. will be fine...or better yet, just bring him at Thanksgiving. I kind of miss him!!

The Wilsons said...

It's actually Nerak because it's Karen spelled backwards. Did you not tell us on Sunday on purpose because I'm pretty sure that if I knew those kind of freaky things were happening I would have left and I definetly wouldn't have gone to the bathroom by myself.

Melissa said...

I can't believe you were the first to notice the Na-rek/Ne-rak mistake. I even KNEW it was Karen backwards.

Stefanie Raynes said...

great...GREAT...now I won't be able to sleep for weeks!

kathryn said...

Ooooo, will you throw an excorcism party at your house? I'll bring chips and dip.

Team O'Connor said...

Melissa, RUN! I'm so scared right now for you. Maybe you should find someone to cast out the evil spirits. Or throw out your ouija board.