Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Another Hidden Talent

For some reason I am overflowing with holiday cheer. The house is decorated, (with the exception of the outdoor lights that we'll do tonight) the air smells like sweet pine from last night's Christmas tree purchase, I recieved and wrapped two of my friend's gifts today - with several more arriving tomorrow - and to add to that, Madelyn and I made our first gingerbread house this afternoon. It was an adorable little kit from Target, that I was at first a bit weary of. It looked like a lot of hard work from a very talented gingerbread architect. But, who knew - it really wasn't that hard! To the prefessionals it may seem a bit entry-level-ish, but to the untrained eye, I think it's a pretty good match. See if you can tell wich one is the "demo" and which one is ours.





6 comments:

kathryn said...

oh MAN, that made me laugh. when first scanning through the post, I thought, "Wow! Melissa is SO TALENTED in the Gingerbread arts." Then I scrolled down a little. that's awesome. I was going to attempt to make sugar cookies with Maggie... we'll see how they turn out!

Celiece said...

I usually don't post comments on peoples blogs that I blog stalk. I found your blog through Kathryn's blog. I was laughing so hard I had to say something. Its like you stole my pictures from every year I think its a good idea to buy one of those things. thanks for the good laugh!!!

Anonymous said...

I think it's a pretty good match. Who knew you had so much talent. I can't wait till Jules is old enough to do stuff like that.

Jodi said...

SO FUNNY! I love it! Looks good enough to eat!

Melissa said...

To Celiece,
I'd just like you to know that any blog stalker of Kat's, is a blog stalker of mine. Yeah, it doesn't have the same ring as the original phrase - but we all get the picture.

Angie said...

I seriously cant tell a difference... Nice job!!!