Monday, December 10, 2007

Ode to Derek and Jessica

Rob and I went away this weekend for, YES, the first time since Madelyn was born. I know it sounds crazy that it's been so long - but I've always been fairly nervous about leaving my kids with someone else. Not necessarily for my kids' sake, but mostly for the people that I leave them with. Oh my...I fear NO MORE! What an amazing getaway! Thanks Derek and Jessica for being SO great to my kids...Madelyn is still asking if she can go back. Here's a quick video of Derek and Jessica's kids (the first kids I fell in love with) playing the Wii. No - they're not synchronized swimming.

I also need to give a special thanks to our Green Bay friends for the AMAZING gift. Rob and I loved the bed and breakfast so much that we're hoping to make it an annual tradition.

4 comments:

kathryn said...

Ooooo, Ben and I had our first (and only- SO FAR) getaway in October for our 5th anniversary. It's SO great, isn't it? The four of us should plan a vacation sans kids. Like to Hawaii. Mmm-hmm, sounds good.

Stefanie Raynes said...

I am sooo glad you had a great time!!

Anonymous said...

They totally stole my idea. I've always had a dream of having a b and b and ever since I've seen Ogden Canyon I've wanted it to be up there. I don't really want one that is that outdoorsy though. I do love the theme but that's a little too many logs for me.

Joanna said...

Looks like fun! And I think I'll have to just drop my boys off at Jess's house and head up to that b&b myself :)

It was fun to see her kids. They've grown up even more since I saw them in March!