Friday, December 28, 2007

A Christmas Story







It was one heck of a holiday around the Wilson home. We were able to bask in the abundance of gifts, family and food. Santa was generous, and brought us some pretty exciting gifts. Rob received some Wii games, a golf towel, a new swiss army knife, a super hot dress coat, and many a best-buy gift card. Maddie and Jude (although Santa brought them individual presents) shared a unicorn, cars, a microphone/piano, a Sesame Street Pop up thingy,a singing tool bench, a sled, and some clothes. By shared, I mean anything that said "To:Jude" had to also be "To: Maddie." Of all the kid's gifts, Maddie seems to love the Sesame Street toy the most...go figure. Rob got me some boots that I've been eyeing, Moody Blues and America guitar books, and perfume. Santa also brought the family a portable DVD player and a 4 gig memory card for the camera! I'm still trying to figure out what I want to buy with my mom's present, but with my Dad's - I bought one of these - I can't WAIT to use it!

Another big event...I made my first turkey for Christmas dinner at Ross and Tammy's. And, for a first attempt, I think I did pretty well. I made sure to document it - if only for insurance purposes.



A special shout out goes to all of those family members and friends that helped to make our Christmas so special. But OBIVOUSLY - it's better to give than to receive, so I give you all the gift of my blog, and I've also donated a large sum of money to the "Human Fund" in all of your names - no need to thank me, it's just my generous nature. Merry Christmas.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I think the turkey basting in the cooler is my favorite shot on the post - and I heard you are the "designated" turkey cooker for the holidays to come. Everyone said it was the best turkey they have had - way to go! I wish we would have been home to try it!

Anonymous said...

Yay for the turkey. It really was the best I've ever had. Oh and btw, thanks for donating $ to the human fund in all of our names;)so thoughtful of you. Christmas was great!

Anonymous said...

Next year can i get the cash instead of you donating it to the human fund??

The UnMighty said...

It looks like you're really bonding with that naked turkey.