Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, DANNY!

For years I have been the "family birthday reminder." A position that LITERALLY consists of calling everyone (except the birthday boy/girl) and reminding them to call whoever's birthday it is. I am hereby resigning from that position, and will notify family members of birthdays through blog alone. Greg, you'd better follow daily - seeing as how you've already blamed me for missing two birthdays this year.
That being said, today is my older brother Dan's 28th birthday! Here are some things you may or may not know about Dan.
-Growing up, his nickname was Daniel Doodle. I KID you not. Ouch, Mom.

(Dan's trip to Utah last May)
-Dan is the only person I know that can convince you to buy a flaming bag of dog droppings. Not only can he sell it to you, but you would TRULY believe that you came out ahead in the deal. He is THAT good.

(Dan and his lovely girlfriend, Marissa)
-Dan and I were complete opposites in high school - he was class president, while I was skipping class at Einsteins. He was a year ahead of me in school, so I would ALWAYS enter a class and get, "Melissa Kopp...are you Dan's sister?" Then I would spend the rest of the semester letting them down! It was SO bad that one teacher (on the first day) said, "Are you Dan's sister?...you are? Well, I'm going to call you Dan, then." And she did. All semester. I still swear there was something more going on there, but Dan just blushes and changes the subject when I ask him about Miss whats-her-name!
-He calls me sis. (Which I adore)
-He will always back you up - no matter what, and will defend you to all ends.
Happy Birthday, Daniel Doodle - I love you so much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa - that was really nice of you to do. I just want you to know that you are ALL wonderful kids.

Sarah said...

you have always been so cool when it comes to birthdays! One of my most memorable birthdays is when you planned my surprise 20th birthday party at the good old heber boys apartment. You also made me a killer memory book that i love. what a gal!!

Anonymous said...

LuLu Belle
What a sweet tribute to Daniel Doodle. I'm not sure what that crack about his nickname was about!?? I don't thing Ducky Divine, Derekuda, Sarah-bera-bera-boo-boo-baby, or Johnster the Monster would see it that way! I guess there's just no accounting for taste! Besides...you guys were the ones that always answered to them!!