Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Schmalentines


It's not that I don't love Valentine's Day, because I actually do. And I woke up to a gorgeous arrangement of red roses and irises (my favorite flower).

But let's be honest - it's just another day (at least for a stay at home mom). That fact hit me hard this morning. While I was chatting online with my husband, trying to figure out our plans for the day, Jude ran past me and into his room - or so I thought. I (about thirty seconds behind) went in his room to see what he was up to. Not a Jude in sight. That's when panic washed over me - and I ran to his favorite secret escape - the master bathroom. I knew that I hadn't been in there this morning - which usually meant two things - the toilet seat was still up, and the toilet had probably not been flushed from before Rob's shower. I heard giggling as I rounded the corner, then was met with a huge, proud grin - Jude was soaked. There's only so much a mother can do when her child gets into the toilet...it's happened before, it'll probably happen again. That was my take - before I saw the floating TV remote. Happy Valentine's.

5 comments:

kathryn said...

yeah. i love that. cash let my phone go for a swim last month. so fun.

as for a happy valentine's day, well, i gave the kiddos some little treats this morning and a little gift. they're already fighting over them. cash really wants a Dora Mermaid doll instead of the cars i gave him. go figure.

Ashlee said...

Hahahahahaahahahahaha. I'm sorry. I heart Jude.

Anonymous said...

Melissa

Lest you think that terrible...I'd like to remind you of your love of "finger painting" in your crib.

I still love you after that, and the nightmares have all but stopped!!

Melissa said...

I'd like to apologize for my dear, sweet, crazy mother. She's been very sick - and the fevers have made her delusional. Please forgive her - she has a really big heart.

Kim Dubois said...

You have a master bathroom? Lucky!