Thursday, February 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Gooter Booter


(Greg and his beautiful wife, Mandy)

Today is my brother Greg's 24th birthday - and I couldn't be more excited to rat him out in blog form. Afterall, Greg, you WERE my nemesis for MANY years. So, here we go.
My brothers Dan, Greg, Johnny and I were all in the kitchen fighting about the fact that I was (once again) responsible for cleaning all of the "misses" next to the toilet - which were obviously not my doing. Dan claimed that he used the basement bathroom, and Johnny claimed that he had great aim and that it HAD to be Greg. All eyes turned to Greg who tried several times to deny Johnny's accusations. He began getting nervous and sputtering out lame excuses until he finally yells, "IT'S NOT ME!!! I SIT!" The room broke into an immediate silence and all mouths dropped. Dan let out a big, "NOOOOOOO!" To which Johnny giggled and said, "Okay - it's my mess." And went upstairs to clean the floor.

While sitting round the dinner table Greg starts talking about how excited he is for summer. "I can't wait until it's warm outside - I'm so ready to wear those, um - what are they called? They're like pants, only shorter. You, know - those short pants? What are those called - short pants?" The rest of the family is sitting in silence HOPING that Greg would, just maybe, think about what he'd said, until Dan busts out with, "You mean, SHORTS?" To which Greg (relieved to have recieved some help) says, "Yeah - shorts. I can't wait to wear shorts."

We had a crawlspace in our old house that doubled as a toy room. While walking by one day my mother noticed an odd smell coming from it. She went in and sifted through toys and old boxes only to find a BUCKET full of urine. She called in Johnny and Greg to see who the heck had made the mess, and Greg fessed up. He said, "I was saving it so I could sell it to Todd (the neighborhood bully) as lemonade."

Okay, Greg - you've had your moments, but you're amazing at so many things. You're a talented photographer, a great bowling buddy, a self taught computer whiz, and most importantly - a great person to be around. I know I'll always be in a good mood when I'm with you - so thanks. I love you to pieces, pal.

Here's a copy of an IM Derek and I had last week...enjoy!

sideprojectrules (2:13:53 PM): by the way, the 28th is around the corner, you should call greg and remind him he has a birthday coming up.

makopp47 (2:15:46 PM): haha - I already made him put an alarm in his Iphone.

sideprojectrules (2:16:49 PM): that's good. i'd hate to have all the fun pass him by because no one called to remind him.

6 comments:

Kim Dubois said...

It's okay, Greg. I sit too.

Stefanie Raynes said...

I peed my pants laughing. Greg, you are my hero, and not in a creepy way...but more in a Bette Midler way.

Melissa said...

I hope you saved that pee, Stef. That's quality, practical joke material you'd be wasting!

Anonymous said...

Ok, just for future reference.. I NOW STAND (Even today mandy yelled at me for not putting the seat down)!! so anyways I have a REALLY good excuse to why i was sitting at the time... but i know that no one would believe it... so yes, i use to sit and pee...

kathryn said...

Kim, you SIT? Ahahahahaha.

Ashlee said...

I'm so grossed out. But happy birthday Greg, none the less.