Monday, March 10, 2008

JOHNNY!


(Johnny and my sister Sarah)

Yes, yes, it's time for another birthday in the Kopp family - and today my little brother Johnny turns 23. Wait, really? 23? That's how old Rob was when we got married. That's scary.

Johnny undoubtedly has the biggest laugh of anyone in our family, and it is incredibly contagious.

Johnny is the one that doesn't "match" anyone else in our family. He's the only blonde, which was already odd - but then he grew a beard....and it was red. My mom calls him "The Viking" - along with many other odd nicknames.


About 3/4 of Johnny's vocabulary was learned from The Simpsons and/or Family Guy, making me confused about 1/2 of the time.

Anything you can do, Johnny can do better. He learned it faster, he was humble about it, and now he's making more money at it than you.

Johnny and I used to ditch school together...a lot. We would pretend we were going to school (backpacks and all) go to Denny's for breakfast - and then just go home.

Johnny has had more concussions than anyone else I know - combined.

Johnny is a natural born Rock Star. He plays piano, composes music, and is amazing at bass guitar. Oh yeah - he also has his own little recording studio.

(Johnny's Band's Christmas Card Photo)

Johnny once stole Greg's hat, and told Greg that he could have it back for $10 - which Greg then paid.

I used to let Johnny drive my car - when he was thirteen. He would follow my instructions SO closely that he once tried to get out of the car without taking off his seat belt - because I forgot to tell him to.


(Johnny and his girlfriend, Sierra)

Johnny, we have had some AMAZING times together, and I miss you terribly...come see me! I hope you have a wonderful birthday - I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures! You sure get around for a stay at home mom . . . unless of course some credit is due to someone else. I know it wasn't me cause the ones I might have sent would have been from a few years ago and Johnny might not have had such big smiles!

Melissa said...

Yeah, the pictures were totally lifted. I still think I deserve the credit, though - I mean, it WAS my idea to steal them.