Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Poor Little Poopsies

It has been a rough month for kids at the Wilson home. Three weeks ago Jude came down with a terrible cold that lasted for two weeks. JUST as it was starting to go away, he slipped off the fireplace and put his tooth through his lip. Ouch.



Just as Jude's cold was clearing up - Madelyn started showing the same symptoms - only worse. After a few doctor visits a chest x-ray was ordered, and it turns out that our little miss Maddie has pneumonia.

This is the shirt that the doctor gave her last night. I know you all are dying to get your hands on one, so here's an insider's tip: you have to vomit ALL over yourself at the doctor's office. Twice.

Here's Maddie with one of the MANY treatments she's on. She hates the Amoxicillin and Prednisone, but thanks to a small fish mask, Madelyn is happy to do her breathing machine - and that's the most important part.

I don't think I can handle any more sickness, so here's to a healthy April.

11 comments:

Jodi said...

So sorry - yet, love the picture of Maddie in the new t-shirt. She looks totally wiped out! Poor thing! Give her hugs and kisses from us!

Ashlee said...

OH! I'm so sorry!! But at the same time, I can't help mentioning how incredibly adorable your children are, and what a fabulous photographer you are...even when they are ill. Is that wrong?

Stacey said...

I was just going to ask you if you wanted to start swapping baby-sitting this week. I really don't want pnemonia in the house though so sorry but I won't watch your kids for you this week. Good thing you didn't come to the zoo. I actually feel really horrible that she is that sick, let us know if you need anything.

Stacey said...

I was just going to ask you if you wanted to start swapping baby-sitting this week. I really don't want pnemonia in the house though so sorry but I won't watch your kids for you this week. Good thing you didn't come to the zoo. I actually feel really horrible that she is that sick, let us know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

wow. That sick-hair is pretty grand, Maddie! Your kids are still so adorable, even when they're sick! Hope all improves soon!

Babcock Family said...

I had no idea!! poor thing, hope she feels better soon. We will pray for her. :)

Angie said...

Ohhh, sounds like LOTS of fun! I hope they both feel better, and that you and Rob stay healthy! And actually yes, I was wondering how to get one of those shirts...

Stefanie Raynes said...

Poor kiddo's!! I feel so bad for them...and I feel bad for their Mamma...how about a girls night out when they get feeling better?

Derek and Kristine said...

But did they save the tooth!? =)

The UnMighty said...

It sounds like God is finally punishing you for your sins. To bad your children are feeling the brunt of it.

Something Wilde said...

To your health! I'm raising up my glass for a toast. Maybe a few more tosses in the air will get all the sickies out! (It's funny...I just posted a photo of Clark being tossed up in the air on the old blog.)