Monday, March 24, 2008

The Sky is the Limit

My husband comes from a family of "child-throwers" where they toss children up for fun. This was something that my family never practiced growing up (I think it's against our religion) but I am starting to get used to it. We have a pretty low ceiling at our house, so the kids can't go that high - but at grandma and grandpa's house, I'm fairly sure the kids go up a good sixty to seventy feet. The kids all LOVE uncle Rob for that reason. Madelyn took her first BIG throw last night, and had a blast. Thanks for the pictures, Stacey. I wasn't sure if I should put these pictures up because I'm sure that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE is thinking, "Oh MY! How ABUSIVE!" But then I realized this is MY blog, and if some over-protective-cyber-parent feels the need to criticize - then BRING IT ON!!


Unfortunately not all the kids had the same reaction.
Oh, I kid. Coleman loved it too. He must have done six or seven throws, and made the same face every single time.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I LOVE those pictures! Maddie is all smiles and Colemans face has PANIC written all over it! FUN FUN!

Tom Quinn. said...

We too are baby-throwers. Ben and I like to chuck his kids back and forth between us. I'll never do it with my kids, though, because it's totally nuts

Stacey said...

Good times. I think it's good for the kids to get a good toss every now and then.

Anonymous said...

You probably don't remember it, but yes, i was a kid thrower too. Seems that at about 4 years old we changed it to holding onto my hands, walking up my legs and belly, doing a flip, and landing on your feet. That lasted until dan tried it one day after football practice his sophomore year.