Tuesday, October 14, 2008


Madelyn has really grown leaps and bounds this past year - and her ability to communicate and interact with others is constantly amazing me. She picks up words everywhere..which has REALLY helped me to sensor my generally dirty mouth. But all this being said, she's also entered this REALLY odd phase, that I just can't understand. It revolves around stating the obvious, and the BASIC-obvious at that. She loves to run up to Rob and give him huge hugs and say, "You're my dad." When asked about her friends, she generally responds with, "Yeah, she's got hair." She loves to point out that Jude talks, and that the house doesn't have a nose. There's one boy in her class and every sentence about him with has to end with, "Yeah...he's got a big face." Every day I am informed that our car is white, and that dogs don't eat people. I'm sure it's passing - but for now, I've really run out of responses. All I can say now is, "Yep! You're so smart," and "You're right - people don't eat poop."

4 comments:

Angie said...

That is hilarious... I love it.

Anonymous said...

I remember the story about a little girl shopping with her mom at the grocery store. A bald man just happened to pass by them in the aisle when the little girl blurted out "THAT MAN HAS NO HAIR!" Hmm . . . can't imagine where Maddie picked that up. . .

Stefanie Raynes said...

I hope I am not that friend with a big face....

Unknown said...

Good good good......