Monday, October 27, 2008

Our Attempt at Autumn

Madelyn had been begging me to rake the leaves so she could jump in them. After MANY excuses and several, "Your dad is much better at that" tries, I finally gave in. I got out the old rake and reached from every corner of the yard. You'd think that the end of October would be the perfect time for such an activity, but apparently it hasn't been cold enough for the leaves to fall. This was the extent of our leaf pile. So pathetic.

At least the pumpkins were fun!


L to R: Rob's, Maddie's, mine, and the kids' pumpkin, designed by Maddie and carved by Rob. I was fairly happy with mine, until Rob mentioned that it had braces. I woke up a few minutes later - in the fetal position.

3 comments:

kathryn said...

We carved pumpkins last night, and I guarantee they aren't going to last until Halloween. Maggie and Cash carry them around like babies, opening them up and stuffing things inside. Okay, that sounds weird to have that all in one sentence. Let me re-try. They carry them around like babies. They also open them up and stuff all sorts of things inside. Better.

Linz said...

She seemed to still enjoy herself even though the pile was small!

Team O'Connor said...

Those are the coolest pumpkins I've ever seen. You guys are so cute and Stef just told me yesterday that you're about to have your 3rd! Congratulations lady. I hope you're doing great.