Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy!



Okay....so maybe blogging is becoming a bit of a habit again.  I guess there are worse things that I could take up.  I'll just go with it.

I try...and I mean REALLY TRY to keep my house in pretty decent condition.  It gets messy, obviously - seeing as how I have four kids, but I always like to have the 4pm clean up that resets my sanity.

The 4pm clean up hasn't happened since last Friday.

My house is a PIG STYE.  I honestly cannot walk into a single room without seeing crap everywhere.  Things have just been so crazy busy around here that I haven't had a 4pm (or a 3pm or even a 10pm) since Friday.

This morning I watched some of my darling neighbor's children - and as we stood in my kitchen as she picked them up we could honestly see black footprints (several sets of them) leading from my back door - to my kitchen sink - then back out the door.  I looked at those footprints while standing in front of my full sink of dishes wondering what the heck happened around here.

In most cases neighbors wouldn't even be invited into my home when it looked like this. So today, as I gear up for my evening sweep of the house, I am grateful for friends that just don't judge.  The kind that wouldn't think twice about the footprints/dishes/spilled raisins/overflowing garbage and will just carry on a normal conversation with you as if everything were completely normal.

You're awesome, Jessica.  Totally awesome.

BDEM:  On top of my ridiculous mess, I idiotically decided that TODAY was the day that we needed to take cookies to the local firemen that saved my father-in-law's business.  I whipped up a quadruple batch and Rob and I took the kids over with the pictures they had drawn as a thank you.  Even though it was bad baking timing, the kids had a blast.  The firemen were so nice and showed the kids all over the place - while trying to convince Rob that he really should follow his heart and become a fireman.  I wish I had taken pictures!  

No comments: