Saturday, August 13, 2005

175?!

I logged onto our blog today and our hit counter said 175. I just put that thing on a week ago! I can not believe that so many people are checking back to see Maddie. It makes me really happy to know that even though most of my family is far away, they are still trying to keep up with our ever changing daughter.
I'm out shopping the other day and some lady asks to see my baby. I get the ever so famous.."oh she is adorable...how old is she?" I answer, "one month.." She then says, "Wow...she's a chunk." Now the old Melissa would have said something like, "Oh yeah, well you have a big nose." But now that I'm a mom, I have been trying to learn to be more patient. So I said..."She's just big boned." I thought it would be funny, but then again I was shopping at Nordstrom, stuffiest department store ever. I got the you don't belong here look and courtesy laugh. Guess you can't please everyone.
Along the same lines, Rob decided that Madelyn is turning into a blob. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the baby diet isn't really working. I personally think that she's so cute - she is getting so much personality. She is just starting to smile, and every time she does, I want to cry - it's the cutest thing I've ever seen. My family is coming out in three weeks, and I can't wait for them to meet her. It's been really hard having a new baby, and not being able to share her with my family every day. I'll post more pictures soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie. I can't wait to get back out there and cuddle her.

Joanna said...

Oh Melissa - I can totally relate to how you feel about not having your family around to share the baby with! My mom leaves tomorrow morning, and I just cry thinking about her not getting to see little Gabe grow and change every day. It's hard - but it will make it exciting every time we get to see them huh?