Thursday, August 25, 2005

The big 2-4

My birthday is one of my favorite days of the year - right up there with Christmas and Fourth of July. I think it's so funny that everyone hates birthdays after the age of 21. The "I'm getting SO old" mentality sets in. I on the other hand love getting older. Every year something new happens, and why look back when we can look forward?
Rob knows I love my birthday, and this year he made it perfect. He started the day with Belgian Waffles, and then took me shopping. I had the option of new clothes, or a digital camera. Neither of us knew how the clothes thing would go over (I'm still working on my new mom belly.) After trying a few things on, I went with the camera!
We then had dinner at Tepanyaki - a Japanese restaurant where they cook the food at your table and do all sorts of knife tricks. Our chef wasn't that great. He kept messing up and somehow threw the hot metal spatula at one of the girls at our table. The food, however, was still fantastic.
The amazing thing about my birthday, is that it seems to be EVERYONE'S birthday. I can rattle off about ten people that I know who were born Aug 24th - and last night at dinner, out of the three tables that were full, there were three birthdays. The same thing happened at Benny Hanna's when I celebrated with my family (remember family? It was the time when Johnny's glass broke in his mouth, and the waitress just laughed?)
Then after dinner Rob and I went to see the new Willy Wonka. I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, (I've always been a huge fan of the original) but it was great. Johnny Depp was phenomenal.
Madelyn was a dream yesterday. She spent the whole day as happy as a clam - which made everything easier. Thanks to everyone who called, sent cards, and emailed. I get to pick up my camera this afternoon, so I'm sure there will be new pictures by tomorrow.

No comments: