Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Keeping up with the Wilsons

I have this friend who manages to "immaculately conceive" every single time I say the words, "I think I'm ready for another one." The very-well-educated couple then act shocked to find out that she's pregnant - and wonder..."HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED!" A couple of weeks ago she even called me to say, "Thanks a LOT" when she found out that she was expecting her third. I then always get pregnant within the next few weeks, so we can have children that are the same age.

To this lovely friend and her blaming husband I'd just like to say, you can blame the first two on me, but number three is all your own doing....because I'm due five days before you.

I wasn't going to post this for a few more weeks, but due to some complications we had to have an ultrasound yesterday - and it showed that everything was a-okay. We saw the little peanut, and were able to hear the heartbeat. We're unbelievably excited and due in November. I tag Stefanie, Stacey, and ooooh - how about a little surprise for Jodi as well.

OH! I ALMOST FORGOT - the biggest, fattest, curse of a tag goes out to my sister-in-law Jessica. Your kids can thank me later.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Tag? Really? I always thought that I would have some part in the conception of my next child. Thanks for the clarification and BTW CONGRATULATIONS!

Jodi said...

I DON'T THINK SO!!! But thanks! Congrats on the new addition...I'm sure he/she will be just as adorable as the first two!

Rob said...

Yep, we're having a peanut!

Stefanie Raynes said...

CONGRATS!!!! I AM SOOO excited for another niece or nephew...but as far as that Tag goes...we are no longer friends...hahahahah

Tom Quinn. said...

Hey!
How about throwing a tag to some people who actually want it!

Congratulations!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Wilson

Spencer said...

Hey, congrats you two. Here's a little love all the way from Texas. Sounds like all is going well for you two.

Stacey said...

Excuse me, but you can't "tag" a baby. It just doesn't work that way. Brett needs to get a job first and then we'll maybe think about it.

Tara said...

Congratulations! I wonder if Mary will be far behind.

Love you too, Meliss, and love the hair! Looking hottie-hot-hot!

Marshall and Alison said...

That is great!!! Congratulations. And Nate, you are wierd but I still love you. Stef, if he suggests hopscotch leave immediately. :)

Sarah said...

Congrats Melis! I am going to call you right now:)

Ashlee said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Love you!!

Angie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is great!

And I love the haircut too!

Derek and Kristine said...

What great news! Way to go! I don't know how you do it with two- you're a better woman than me!

Babcock Family said...

you go girl!! and thanks for NOT taging me. :)

kathryn said...

yay! glad you finally decided to come out of the pregnancy closet... and by the way, i think it's just my super competitive nature that kicks in when i hear you utter the words, "i think rob and i are ready for another one"... i black out for like 5 days and next thing you know, yep, i'm totally preggers.

Kim Dubois said...

Congratulations! And good for you guys for getting pregnant on purpose. You're so much more responsible than those ridiculous friends of yours.

Elder Richey said...

That's awesome news. Congratulations!! We aren't even going to try and keep up with the Wilsons, you guys are way ahead of us. I'd have to have twins or triplets when I get pregnant again and I'm not quite sure I'm up for that :) I'm really happy for you guys and wish you all the best.

Something Wilde said...

Congratulations on the little peanut.