Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Memory Lane

My friend Stef tagged me in a High School Memories Tag - and seeing as how VERY few of you that follow this blog actually knew me in HS, I figured it might be kind of fun to fill you all in. Stef also made threats against my life if I didn't comply - but that's another issue in our rocky relationship....

1. Did you date someone from your High School - NEVER. I went on a few dates with them (dances, etc) but never really liked the guys at my school.

2. What kind of car did you drive? My first car was a black 1992 Saturn (Sammy) - which was AWESOME. Then my senior year I got my Red Jeep (Pepe') Which was the car I was driving when I met most of my followers.

3. What was your most emberassing moment in High School? I had a LOT, but I vividly remember falling asleep during some kind of "safe sex" assembly. When my friend Tim woke me up everyone had already climbed down the bleachers. Tim helped me up - then let go of my hand before I realized that my leg was completely NUMB, and I fell down the bleachers with everyone watching. Rather than coming to my aid, Tim walked away.

4. Were you a party animal? Not EVERY weekend, mostly because I was afraid of getting in trouble - but as soon as I could drive and go parties in other states - and stay overnight with friends I was.

5. Were you a flirt? I didn't even learn HOW to flirt until I was in college.

6. Were you in band, orchestra or chior? No. I wasn't part of anything that required me to come to school early or stay late....ALTHOUGH, I DO think I sold enough Advents Kalendars to be an official member of German Club - does that count?? I should add that it was only because I thought it would help me ace German. I was wrong.

7. Were you a nerd? I hope not...

8. Were you on any Varsity Teams? Nope - wasn't interested.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? I was caught smoking a couple of times, and was often busted for ditching class, but the only punishment I got was a few Saturday Detentions. But those weren't TOO bad, all my friends were there anyway.

10. Can you still sing the fight song? Could I then???

11. Who were your favorite teachers? Believe it or not - I actually REALLY liked the principal. We were pals. I could do without the teachers.

12. Where did you sit during lunch? Jono's Car, Portillos, Nick's Pizza, and Einsteins's Bagels.

13. School Mascot: A Redhawk

14. Did you go to Homecoming, and with who? I went to a few of them - I think my date's names were Matt something, Jon North, and Andy something. We've OBVIOUSLY kept in touch over the years.

15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Wow - the option to relive the worst four years of my life? Never. College? Definitely.

16. Who was your prom date? His name was Jon Ward. WORST. DATE. EVER. We all went to the dance, then back over to Jono's house for the night - then we were supposed to go to a lakehouse for the weekend, but I told Jon I was sick about 4am. I made him take me home...and ditched the lakehouse.

17. Where did you go for Senior Ditch Day? Wow...I REALLY can't remember. It may have actually been the day my friends and I left for our Cruise.

18. What do you remember about graduation? I remember that I was SO ready to walk away from my high school, that I didn't pick up my diploma at the end (they handed out empty diploma holders on the stage). I figured they'd probably mail it to me at some point. I'm still not sure I ever got it...but that's okay, it was only a "pity diploma" anyway. They wanted me gone.

19. Are you going to your ten year reunion? I REALLY doubt it.

4 comments:

Stefanie Raynes said...

caught smoking? ditching class? staying out until 4 am? I thought you were wild...I was wrong.

btw, our rocky relationship could use some retail therapy and ice-cream therapy.

Kim said...

I love this post...as I do follow your blog and I knew you in high school. My fav is your comment about prom and Jon Ward.....Seriously.Hilarious.

Melissa said...

OH GREAT! The one high school follower caught and busted me! (Thanks KIMBERLY - although I still am not exactly sure who you are) Ten years later, and Jon Ward is SURE to find out that I lied! :)

I should ALSO mention - just in case there are more high school followers...my hatred of high school was ONLY because I hated myself back then (as I think a lot of people did) but I DID have some pretty awesome friends!

Seriously, Kimberly....I'm at a loss. I knew two KIMS, but that's about as far as that goes. Willing to shed any more light on your identity??

Kim said...

I was definitely not trying to be secretive...haha! It's Kim Campen (Van Winkle)... I don't know why my google name is set to Kimberly...