Monday, September 08, 2008

So Lucky

I've been thinking for the past couple days about how lucky I am to still be so in love with my husband. This all came to an emotional head last night when Rob and I started discussing his new work schedule. He's decided to start working four-ten hour days, and then take off Fridays. Now, most people would think, "Hey! That's great - you'll have a three day weekend, EVERY weekend!" That was my initial reaction as well. And seeing as how I hardly see him during the week anyway - this seemed like an IDEAL situation.

Then Rob (out of nowhere) mentions that with his new schedule he'll be gone every morning before the kids wake up. I asked if that made him sad, and he admitted that it did. THAT WAS IT. I totally lost it. Even though I already knew he'd miss the kids in the morning, hearing him say it threw me into a downward spiral of "all the things he'd be missing in their lives." Granted, he only saw them for a half hour in the morning anyway, I suddenly was very sad about missing the time that included breakfast, Dora, bothering Dad in the bathroom, and waving goodbye with the kids. It's become a morning tradition that I obviously have come to enjoy.

So, SERIOUSLY, how lucky am I that I still have a husband who means the world to me; someone who I want to be with ALL the time, and someone that my kids love more than anything? I think that's pretty amazing.

Thanks, Rob. You're the best.


Here's a picture of Rob on our honeymoon...what a youngin!

4 comments:

Scott D said...

He's a good guy.

Stefanie Raynes said...

Rob's a goodie...

Stacey said...

I was just thinking that he looked really young in that picture. You will end up loving 4-10 hour days, too bad it's happening now that summer is almost over.

Ashlee said...

Ditto, ditto...