Monday, July 30, 2007

Adventures in Ear Piercing

Stef and I decided to be fourteen today, and went to the mall together. We participated in the food court lunch, the aimless shopping, frozen yogurt, and MY big event, the piercing. I got my ears pierced when I was eleven, but they closed up. So, at age twenty five, I decided to get them pierced again. Fourteen years later it is STILL as scary.




So, there you have it. I now have bling. Please forgive my sideburns - they never fully recovered after my mother had her way with them. She was SURE that triangle sideburns were ALL the rage.

8 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm so proud of you...and I can tell by the looks of those pictures that you were very brave! I hope they work for you this time. It would be so sad if you had to wait until they grow back and then pierce them again at age 50!

Anonymous said...

thats great! I know you arent a big earring person, but it will be fun just to even wears studs!

Team O'Connor said...

I didn't think it was possible, but you are even hotter. Congratulations. Also, my sideburns never grow out, but no one even had their way with them. I was born with a white trash hair cut.

Something Wilde said...

I remember an ear piercing extravaganza in your parent's bathroom once in jr. high or high school. Cute hair & congrats on the earrings!

Elder Richey said...

Wow, so grown up :)

Anonymous said...

I swear Melissa...if you say ONE MORE THING about what I thought was the rage in hair back in the day, I will not rest till I post a certain poodle-doo picture on your blog for all the world to see. Then we'll see who had the "rage" staight and who didn't!!

I give the new pierced ears two weeks. Fourteen years from now...we'll be seeing a similar blog. Blog fans..write this down so you can check back and see.

Tara said...

I think your hair is fantastic! Also, those burns are all the rage. I'm trying to get Danielle to do it.

Haven't been to Utah, hope to by the end of summer, not sure if I can make it. Will let you know for sure. More details to follow by email.

Anonymous said...

I'm 16 and my mom has already let me get my lobes pierced 3 times, and my cartilage pierced. My sister has her ears pierced only twice on the lobe.