Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Whirl-Wind Week

My living room is covered in luggage and laundry, Madelyn is eating cheese for breakfast, and my first inclination is to write on my blog. What's wrong with me? Rob and I returned last night from our eight day venture to Chicago. I didn't take a ton of pictures this time, and the ones I did take are a bit random - so I will try to connect this post as well as I possibly can. As many of you remember - most pictures from my parent's house involve animals.



We didn't do any bowling this year, BUT there is a brand new GORGEOUS Resort about twenty five minutes away that we hit twice while we were there. They have an all-you-can-eat snow crab buffet for $12 that Rob and my brothers went nuts over. I'd HONESTLY say that about 30 lbs of crab were consumed by them between the two visits. We were also able to see Rob's cousin Tom and his adorable family. We're adding them to our blog links for all family members that are interested.
We had a really great week that invloved over-eating, hot-tubbing, lots of Wii for the boys, Jude's first words ("ready-go") and improved walking, Maddie animal chasing, seeing Mary's new house and meeting Clark, plenty of Maddie and Jude and grandparents time, and of course, the wild turkeys that were blocking my parent's driveway.


We made it back safely last night only to find that our carseats didn't make the "checked luggage" cut, and were left at O'Hare Airport. Of ALL the things. Delta was very nice about it and sent us home with two loaner carseats, and explained that they'd deliver them to us, and then we'd swap our carseats for the loaners. They did not, however, mention that they'd probably ring our doorbell three times and bang on our door at 4am to make the swap. Who does that?!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Sounds like you had a great time - love the wild turkey video! And 30 lbs. of crab sounds DELICIOUS!NOT!

Stefanie Raynes said...

WELCOME HOME! Farnsworth's missed the Wilson's. Maybe next time we'll just have to go with you.

Anonymous said...

Apparently it's not just Delta:

http://fieldnotes.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/12/07/500809.aspx