Sunday, November 18, 2007

Hooray for Greg and Mandy!!

Yet another (half) post about Greg and Mandy. They took our family pictures while they were here, and now my living room wall is no longer empty! We ordered about a gazillion (maybe more) of the pictures they took - and they wanted to see what we had done with them. Here's what we've got so-far:



Now to the not so fabulous part of this post. Many of you may recall my post called "Quarantined" where I posted the pictures of a pink-eyed Maddie. That was October 14th, and here we are, over a month later - still dealing with sickness. Here's a run-down: Maddie gets pink eye-spends a week recovering. Two days after it's gone, Jude get's double pink-eye as well. Just as he's finishing up the nastiness, Maddie starts with a cough/runny nose - two days later Jude is getting the same thing. As they start to get better, Rob's throat begins to hurt along with cold symptoms. Rob starts feeling better, and my throat swells up and my stomach is sick. On top of all that what happens?? I GET PINK EYE.

This picture is from yesterday - and today I look so horrid that I wouldn't even take a picture. My eye is almost completely closed, and tomato red. So annoying. Luckily I got into the "open on sunday" doctor, and he let me know that my throat and my pink eye were related through some bacterial infection - which is GREAT news, because he was able to put me on an antibiotic. Hopefully this will all be cleared up by Tuesday when we fly to Chicago. Nothing says "I love you" quite like the gift of pink eye.

8 comments:

Mandy and Greg said...

Hey Melis - pictures look great...
of course they do - we took them! :) No but really they look good on the wall, Robby did a very good job hanging them. See ya soon!

The UnMighty said...

Maybe God is punishing you for that time you made out with that guy on the dock, puked all over him like you had a poltergeist, then made out some more. It's just a shame your family has to suffer for you sins as well.

Jodi said...

So sorry about the pink eye! And I really didn't need to read about that story with the puking and making out...GROSS!
Anyhow-the house looks great and the pictures are fantastic!

Melissa said...

Leave it to Ben to make me feel awkward on my own blog. It was YOUR contest, Ben...not mine! Sorry to all grandparents, and in-laws who didn't need to hear that. But lets be honest...we all know I have a bit of a sketchy past. I was just hoping one of those awful stories could win me (as Ben PROMISED) A cuise for two to the Island of Peace and Happiness.

Angie said...

We found your blog too! I love the family pictures, especially how you've put them on the wall... Very cute. Well, it was good to see you guys! Hopefully we'll see you again soon... Thanks for dinner!

Angie said...

Also you should check out Dan & Daisy's blog... I have a link on mine.

Team O'Connor said...

Oh, I am so sorry you have pink eye. I had it once and it is definitely from the devil. I love your new family pics though! They are so cute. You look really skinny in your picture even if you do have pink eye.

Stefanie Raynes said...

I miss you. Remember me?