Sunday, June 17, 2012

Homemade Hero

The other day Maddie stopped me and said, "Mom, did you know that when I go to my friends' birthday parties their dads don't come?"

I asked, "You mean the dads aren't home?" She said, "No - they are.  They are just doing something else like being on the computer or working or something.  It's so nice that my dad always comes to my birthday parties, isn't it?"

Indeed it is.

It is also so nice that when giving Rob a sentimental gift from his kids, I can guarantee that his reaction will look like this:





I love seeing his "I love my family" tears.  Luckily for me, they come out often.

I cannot even begin to express how much I love this man and the father that he is.

My kids and I couldn't have asked for more.

BDEM:  Above moment.  




A great big thank you to all of the wonderful fathers out there - especially mine.  I am blessed to have several father figures in my life, and I love and appreciate them all.  Love you Dad, David and Ross! 

No comments: