Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ode to Oliver

Today I pulled out the old hose and after three weeks, washed away the chalk greeting that has been by our front door.  Anyone that has come over has seen the words, "I love you Oliver" before entering our home.

Kind of a long story, but the quick version is that one day while walking the neighborhood we noticed that the words "I love you Maddie" were by the front door of Oliver's house.  MADDIE WAS ECSTATIC.  She could not stop telling everyone that her boyfriend had written her name outside his front door, so she came home to do the exact same thing to our front door.

I didn't have the heart to tell Maddie that the words in front of Oliver's door were actually written by a friend of Oliver's sister...who just so happens to be named Maddie - and had absolutely nothing to do with her.

So this afternoon as I washed away Maddie's love note, I realized that I hadn't ever blogged about the song that Maddie wrote for Oliver.

It was written at the beginning of the school year - so there are a few slightly misspelled words - but I'm pretty sure you can get the gist of it.  

Apparently it was written at a low point in their relationship.



By: Maddie             Song Colde:  You are the best

Ooooooooo Olivr you are the best.  You are the best in the wold. It yoost to be fine intel I ast you to play end then you said no.  What do I do withoat you?  Ooooooooo Olivr you are the best. The best in the wold.

You should hear her sing it.  The Oooooos are just more than I can take.

BDEM:  In the past 24 hours we have mini golfed, bowled, hit the batting cages, and ridden a 3-D roller coaster for (basically) free.  I love you, pass of all passes!  

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh my GOSH! That is SO FUNNY! See this is what I mean when I say I don't know what I would do with a girl! That is just too stinkin funny! Haha.