Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Evening with the Avetts

Rob and I went with some friends to go see one of our favorite bands, The Avett Brothers, in concert.  I've been to a lot of shows in my day, but I can easily say that this was one of the best I've ever seen.  These guys have unbelievable talent  - and seeing them live only made me love them more.  I'm already looking forward to next year's show.  So, in honor of one of the best nights ever, I've changed my playlist to be all Avett Brother's songs.  Hope you enjoy.
Within seconds of arriving, this girl (total stranger) asked Brandon if she could wear his coat since it was raining.  Nice guy Brandon agreed - but seriously, how awkward?!  She gave it back a few minutes later - claiming that she felt bad...but then asked for it back further into the show.  


Jessica Lea Mayfield took the stage first - look her up.  You won't regret it.

Then came our boys Scott (L) and Seth (R) 

We were very, very happy - despite the rain.
Soon-to-be-marrieds Zach and Cherry.  They're super cute! 
The whole clan

Night well spent

3 comments:

kathryn said...

first of all- melissa- you look AMAZING. and second, i'm digging rob's facial hair. thirdly, i haven't been to a concert since i don't know when (actually i do. it was a smothers brothers concert when maggie was a baby- wait, no, it was a simon and garfunkel reunion concert. either way, it was way too long ago. also, apparently ben and i are like 80 years old when it comes to our taste in music.)

Deon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deon said...

You look super cute, Melissa!!! (I've never seen a pic where you don't, btw.)

Your friend, Cherry, looks familiar. Is she from Orem, and did she ever work at Bert Murdock? Sean knew a Cherry who looks a lot like your Cherry.