Wednesday, December 21, 2011

All I Want for Christmas

Sweet Jude was riding his scooter around the gym at our church and took a nasty fall. The wood floors were really slick, and the wheels slipped sideways sending him and the scooter into a pile of chairs. The handlebars went straight into his mouth, and messed up his upper lip pretty bad. After about ten minutes of icing it and blotting his lip, I noticed blood was still pooling up in his mouth, so I looked inside and realized his two front teeth didn't look right. We ran him over to a new dentist who told us that both teeth would have to be extracted. He is waiting until after Christmas, because in his words, it is going to hurt.

I explained the situation to Jude and then Rob started singing, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth." Jude was pretty bummed, and I asked him if he was sad they would be gone. I explained that the tooth dairy would still come, and hoped he'd be okay. Then he very quietly told me, "Mom, I am sad because I don't want my two front teeth for Christmas. I already asked Santa for something else."

Oh, that kid.


So glad he's okay.


BDEM: On the way to the dentist's office, Rob told me that we didn't have dental insurance, and the thought of an uninsured dental surgery scared the daylights out of me. I guess I was expecting it to be around $2000, so when they handed me the estimate for $275 I nearly wet my pants. Another Christmas miracle, considering we will need the extra cash for the car that broke down on the way home!

2 comments:

Snarr mama said...

Wow! What a day...hope the teeth pulling goes smoothly. I admire you for always looking for the positive in every situation!

Mary said...

Oh no! Poor Jude! Here's hoping the extraction goes well and he still gets what he wants for Christmas!!