Saturday, December 24, 2011

'Twas the Night Before Christmas



My belly is aching from twenty six delicious dinner courses at my brother's house, the stockings are hung by the chimney with care, we read the Christmas Story as a family, Santa has already stopped by our house, and now there is nothing but silence and the warm-glow of Christmas lights.  Tomorrow will be filled with church, wrapping-paper-messes, bakery donuts, dinner with Rob's family and lots of love and laughter.

I love everything about Christmas.  Most importantly, I love that I can share everything about Christmas with those I love the most.  I have a wonderful home that provides me with warmth and shelter, I have four beautiful children that make this season so magical, and I have a husband who would go to the ends of the earth for the happiness of his family.

I am truly blessed.

Merry Christmas, dear friends.

BDEM:  Derek and Jessica threw the most rocking Christmas Eve party ever! We ate so much, laughed so hard, and just enjoyed being together.  You guys truly make Christmas special for us, and we appreciate all the effort that you put into this special tradition! XOXO

2 comments:

Jodi said...

We love you guys!! Merry Christmas to you and your cute family!

mom said...

Nothing makes me happier than knowing my kids love each other. You'll know what I mean in about 15 years when your family gets looks from other diners for having too much fun in restaurants. Couldn't ask for anything better as a mom.