Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Peppermint Popcorn




As I was making this today I HONESTLY thought, "Oh finally a recipe that's NOT chocolate and mint."  Yeah, seriously.  I think it's because of the almond bark.  It all just felt so vanilla.

1.5 C uncooked popcorn kernels
1 lb almond bark
1 C crushed candy canes
2 teaspoons peppermint extract or a 10-14 drops of peppermint oil ( I used oil...since Rob is now in the biz)
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Melt almond bark according to instructions - be really careful not to burn.  Pour over popped popcorn, then add crushed candy canes.  Stir to combine.


Lay the popcorn out flat on a piece of wax paper and drizzle with melted chocolate chips.  Allow to cool, then enjoy.
BDEM:  As I was making this - Ella came in and asked for a little bite.  She smiled and said, "Izz yummy mom!"  Jude immediately followed suit - so I told him to open his mouth and I popped a couple pieces in.  His face immediately turned sour - his eyes got REALLY angry and he ran to the garbage can to spit it out.  He even wiped off his tongue. "MOM!  Why didn't you tell me this tastes like candy canes?! YUCK"   I received the evil glare and he left the kitchen.  Apparently, tasting like candy canes is a bad thing!  

1 comment:

Kendal and Alissa said...

Ok first off I have to say I am SO SO SO Jealous of your darling family photo. Could that photo be any more perfect....I don't think so. Wow....LOVE IT!

Second I love looking at your blog everyday, but I am sorry that I too attribute to your stats going up, but your comments going down. Hopefully, I'll get better at my comment sharing after the holidays:)