Monday, December 05, 2011

Christmas Fudge

I made half plain, and half with crumbled candy cane topping.  So chocolatey, SO rich!  Be sure to cut it into bite sized squares, a little goes a LONG way!

1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Directions

  1. Line an 8x8 inch pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
  2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine marshmallow cream, sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt. Bring to a full boil, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
  3. Remove from heat and pour in semisweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour into 
  4. prepared pan. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours, or until firm.   

BDEM: Okay, this may technically not qualify - because it didn't happen today, but today is the ten year anniversary of Rob and my first kiss! We had been kind of dating, kind of hanging out, but from that day on we were the most committed on-again, off-again couple you've ever met! And after only a year and a half of dating, we got hitched. Love ya, babe! PS - Rob, when you read this, and realize that you had NO idea of this anniversary, just know I wasn't expecting you to remember this one. You're totally off the hook! I already got myself a present from you. Thanks for the earrings!  

3 comments:

Deon said...

Mmmmmmmm, just looking at the fudge . . . thighs growing larger . . . another chin emerging . . . backside turning into a shelf . . .

The best line of the day: " . . . we were the most committed on-again, off-again couple you've ever met!" You. are. a. hoot!

Lisa and Doug said...

I didn't know until this year that you could buy your candy canes already crumbled in a jar! Where have I been??!!! Great invention!

Mary said...

I didn't know you made fudge! I'm terrified of it but would love to give it a try. Maybe I'll start with your recipe!

And you were a very committed on-again, off-again couple. You and Amy would drive me nuts!