Tuesday, November 29, 2011

On the Wish List

This year's Christmas list is ridiculous.  I'm having a hard time thinking of anything.  The two items I do want are off the charts with Christmas budget:







Therefore, I am not planning on getting either.  So I kind of lucked out when I found this little thing today.


I've never been too much of a watch person - I have a remarkable internal clock. (I have no problem bragging about this - only because it's freakish how well I always know what time it is - my family can attest to that) but I think these watches are ADORABLE!  And you can change out the color of the faces.  A white band with a pink face, a black band with a white face - they are just so cute.  AND, the bands are super soft.  Kind of like a slap bracelet.  They remind me of a craze that I was desperate to be a part of when I was a kid (but my parents said I was too young at the time - they were probably right).  

Who out there remembers Pop Swatches?  




I still remember the commercials.  Everyone was walking around in ripped, stone-washed jeans trading watch faces.  All of them being cooler than I ever thought I could be.  My grade school best friend, Denise had one.  She was that cool.  She had the biggest bangs in our grade. Yes, I had bang envy.

I guess that finishes my list - two unattainable items and a watch.  At least the watch comes with the promise of fulfilling old dreams!

BDEM:  The stockings are hung by the chimney with care.  With the exception of our Christmas tree, we are ready to get this holiday started!  I'll post pics later.


Maddie has been walking around singing Christmas songs lately - and it's AMAZING how many she knows.  Even more amazing are the lyrics she makes up for the songs she doesn't know.  


Deck the halls with balls of holly
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la
This is seasons to be jolly
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la
(this is where it gets interesting)
Ahm bee acka, oooh - lee icket
Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
Who loves Christmas?  Jiminy Cricket
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Camera was the best splurge I ever made. Love love love it. I have never regretted that purchase.

But the watch is cute too.

Just sayin'.

PS: I would love to see video of Maddie's Chrismtas singing. Better yet, she can come carol to my house. :)

Deon said...

Well, now. Speaking of those watches . . . as of about 12 hours ago, the snow band with the tangelo face may or may not be on its way to my house . . . .

Nicole said...

I agree those watches are REALLY cute. I loved slap bracelets growing up.

Linz said...

Totally remember swatches!