As a young family, we are starting to get our own traditions together that will hopefully leave really special memories for the kids. Thus far, these are the ones we've started - and will hopefully stick to.
5. Baking and delivering Christmas treats to friends and neighbors
4. Opening presents to John Denver and the Muppets Christmas songs
3. Taking a night to drive all over town to see all the Christmas lights
2. Some form of nativity with the kids - last year the kids put on Nativity Puppet show that was just perfect.
1. Dinner at Red Robin followed by a train ride and a visit to see Santa
As a kid, my parents always bought presents for a family in need - and I'd like to start doing that with the kids as well.
Anybody want to share some of the things they look forward to around the holidays? I'd love to make my list a little bit longer!
BDEM: I finally got my hands on the "hard to find" present that I've wanted to get Jude. Now I can start focusing on the other gifts. Talk about a huge weight lifted!