Thursday, April 26, 2012

Green

I have been {mildly} obsessed with researching green smoothies online for the past few days.  Since things have been so hectic I haven't gotten to the store to buy all the ingredients, but am hoping I'll have a second to grab them on my late-night shopping trip tonight.  I've had them before - and think they're pretty good...but I want to take a good solid week to two to see if I notice any kind of difference in how I feel.

At the end of the Insanity workout that Rob and I do, there is a mini commercial for a green shake called Shakeology.  It shows a bazillion fruits and vegetables blended into one beautiful and smooth green smoothie.   Rob and I (starving from our workout) would watch the commercial and envision how much better our lives would be if we were drinking that shake daily.

Isn't it gorgeous?


They even put it in a curvy glass so that you subliminally think of a defined waist.  Genius.

Rob and I finally gave into temptation and got a few shakeology mixes from our friend that works at Beachbody.

This is where green smoothies failed.  This is, hands down, one of the most disgusting things I have ever, EVER eaten, and I don't say that lightly.  I think I would haven enjoyed eating my lawn clippings more.  So you'll understand why I've been hesitant to bring these back into my life.

But once again I have been sold on a picture.  Check this puppy out:


Doesn't that just look like the epitome of health in a mason jar?!  And unlike the dehydrated vomit in the first picture, I actually know what goes into this one:

Bananas + Peaches + Mango + Spinach + Water

Easy peasy.

Once I have done this consistently for a week or two, I'll let you know how it tastes, how I feel, etc. But for now, if you have a better recipe, or some green smoothie experience you'd like to pass on to me - I'd love to hear it!

BDEM:  Um...I actually don't know where this day has gone.  It has been - in general - a great day...but I think I've been glued to the internet today!  Good thing I got so much done yesterday.  So, BDEM....hmm... the relaxation that comes after getting all your work done?  Maybe? 

Water:  70 oz

2 comments:

kathryn said...

We add greens to lots of our smoothies. Ben even adds V8 to his (don't do that, though- it's pretty nasty). But you should make sure that you mix it up on the greens you add to your smoothie- rotate between spinach, kale, swiss chard, etc. because supposedly if you just do the same ol' same ol' greens everyday your body doesn't absorb all the nutrients from them. At least that's the word on the street. We'll have to share recipes if you find any that are amazing...

Stacy said...

My sister in law makes green smoothies every day and they are yummy. I will have to ask her what she puts in hers.