Monday, April 30, 2012

It's Actually Kind of Fun!




There's this website called familysearch.org and on it you can find all sorts of public records like birth certificates, death certificates, marriage licenses...the list goes on.  It's really interesting to start looking up a few names of people you know - then everything kind of snowballs.  I've been on the site for quite some time today just looking around.  It's like pinterest...but with a purpose!

One of the things you can do is volunteer to help with their indexing.  Basically it involves looking at old records and entering it into the system.  It helps people in the future be able to research information on family members, etc.  I recently started indexing, and honestly - I love it!  When I stop my daily blogging in (can you believe it) thirty days, I think I might just fill my nightly blogging time with indexing.  At first I was a bit confused, but now I'm on this, "how much can I do in these five spare minutes" kick.

If you have a free minute or two - check out the site.  Looking at all the old records is really interesting, and I feel like I'm actually helping in some way instead of just pinning things that I'll never really accomplish.

Go look up some of the records for your relatives HERE.

BDEM:  Watching my darling Stefanie get moved back into her home.  She's been back from Florida for a while now, but has been living at her parents' house until the people renting her house moved out.  Seeing her there again makes my heart happy.  It's like she's finally legit!

Water:  50 oz

1 comment:

Stefanie Raynes said...

THANKS for lending your husband to help and for hanging out with us! I am legit!