Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Dad's Wedding: Part Third (Photo Overload)

 For our final stop in Galena we drove about twenty minutes further into nowhere and ended up at one of the most beautiful bed and breakfasts I have ever seen - with one of the most delicious dinners I have ever eaten.   
Our home for the evening
We started off by taking a really odd photo
Then my little brother Johnny decided to be coy

My twin brother, Dan, braved the river first

I decided to go second.  Shocking everyone with my jump from standing position
There may or may not have been an incident at some point on the hike

Rob and I in front of our cottage

Our bedroom

The largest (and most awkwardly placed) chairs I've ever seen
See what I mean? Talk about an intimate conversation

Monster Sized Tub

Inside Dan and Marissa's Cottage
More relaxing in the cottages
My dad and his new bride 


My husband and his old bride
Derek and Sarah excited for dinner

Sitting down for a seven course family dinner
The third course: Maple Glazed Salmon on French toast with Pineapple.  It was to DIE for!  

Dan tickled the ivories for some post-dinner entertainment 


Then we all bonded in the parlor 


It was one of those weekends that I'll remember for a long, long time.  Family, food and fun.  Thanks, Dad, for letting us be a part of such a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

Stefanie Raynes said...

Looks divine! I wish that June never ends so I can read a post a day FOREVER!

Deon said...

My goodness, those awkwardly placed chairs certainly dwarf a person, don't they! I think I need to get one or two of those in my house to help boost my self-esteem on those "I feel so fat" days. :D

What a wonderful time for your family!

the old guy said...

Thanks Melissa - great pictures and stories to go with them! It was a fantastic weekend and we really appreciated everyone coming out to be with us.
(We don't have wedding pictures yet, but have sorted thru most from the honeymoon - they'll be on facebok soon.)