Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Wedding: Part Deux

As I mentioned before, the weekend was host to some sort of Boy-Scout-Jamboree (is that the correct word?  I'm not up to date on my scout lingo).  So early Saturday morning scouts from all over just started coming out of the woodwork.  The city was CRAWLING with tan shirts and backwards ascots with gold ties (again...at a loss for the correct term) until about 1pm, when they put on a parade.  Five thousand scouts walked main street, then vanished.

Saturday night my Dad and Bonnie were married in the historic hotel we were staying at.  They did a lovely job with decorations and details.
Bonnie walking down the aisle
My dad and his best man, Rick

My dad's solo.  Okay, I have no idea what he's doing.  But he wasn't singing.....yet.

Happy Bonnie
 After the wedding, we had a ridiculous amount of delicious food.  Then in (insert maiden name here) family tradition, we hit the dance floor and bedazzled all the guests with our awesome moves.  We are like the dancing equivalent of the Von Trapp family singers.  World renowned, I tell you.

We boogied
We polkaed (it was almost scary how quickly my dad and his brother jumped into this - I mean, who led?)

Then I pretended to Polka (it's a family thing)


It appears as though we may have even raised the roof a little.  
A couple of fun mid-reception surprises were 1.  When the band stopped rocking, and played "Take me out to the ball game" as Portillo's hot dogs were rolled in.  (Portillo's is the restaurant of choice amongst our family - so this was a real home-town treat)

2.  When my dad went up to the stage, plugged in his guitar, and sang "Beginnings" by Chicago while rocking with the band.  So impressive, Dad!

My dad, the rock star
It was a great wedding.  We were so glad to be a part of it.  But it didn't end there - tune in tomorrow for Wedding: Part Third.  Hmm.  When I typed that, it was an accident - but I think we'll leave it like that.  Wedding: Part Third, it is.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I think you look so much like your sister (barring the red hair :) Looks like a fun time!