Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Jessica's Fault....and Rob's

My uber creative sister in law, Jessica, has put a challenge out there to blog every single day in the month of June. The reward? Some pics snapped by her. I can't resist. The whole point is to get in at least one memory or thought every day, so today I'd like to post about something Rob did last night.

I came home from a Young Women's activity and found that Rob had changed the desktop picture on our computer. Instead of some vague black and white artsy-fartsy image, I saw this:
I knew exactly why it was up.  I have been told by several people (including strangers) that I look like I belong in the twenties.  I've never quite understood if it was a compliment, or an insult - I've just found it to be an odd thing to say to someone.  All I could ask Rob was, "Is this supposed to be me?" I knew by his laugh that it was.  

I've been told I look like a lot of people, but Clara Bow is not one of them. So is he right, or is he wrong?  Either way - the monstrous face of her on my desktop is starting to weird me out.  It's like one of those paintings in the movies where the eyes watch you as you walk by.  I'm really hoping that her head does not pop out of the screen like Viggo in Ghostbusters 2.  That might really send me over the edge.  

Maybe tomorrow (or sometime in the month of June) I'll post a picture that my friend Mary found of "me."  It seems to support the idea that I was born in the wrong decade.  

2 comments:

Kendal and Alissa said...

Ooooh I wish I was Jessica's friend or family member. I would totally be in to get some cute pictures. Good luck....you can do it!

P.S. I agree...that picture creeps me out. People might think you should be from the twenties, but you are way more gorgeous than that picture!

Mary said...

Hehe! I can't wait to see the picture! I was so pleased about the Ghostbusters 2 reference...my name being thrown in was a total bonus!!